I'm married and that's no secret and I'm happy about it :) hence the smiley...
This post isnt about declaring some facts , I'm writing after a long time and was thinking of writing on general issues but I thought the best way to restart my blogging was to write about the most important decision of my life - getting married...
well..it wasnt easy and no , it isnt easy for anyone ( I think) to not only to commit yourself to THE ONE but also let that person "IN" your life!!! We all are independent beings in some or the other form and by commiting oneself , you share your independence with him / her and this thought or the feeling is WONDERFUL and SCARY at the same time...
Again , I'm not here to write about what "marriage" is all about , I'm here to share with you all this wonderful experience...I've been all on my own from the very begining...travveled a lot...have a lot of friends..have had my share of relationships and finally I decided to share my world with Avinash...
Avinash and I have been grreat friends for a long time before he expressed his feelings for me and without any expectations or answer from me , he continued to be a great friend as ever...it was this comfort zone that we have prompted me take a plunge and I said "yes"...and as they say , rest is history...
Marriage has been a life altering step for both of us...once it was "formalized" , things changed so fast that it was an emotional upheaval for us..he being in Army , there were days when we couldnt talk and it kept on building up..I remember the day when we spoke over the phone and I was so scared about this whole change that I just let out all my insecurities ... thinking of giving it a second thought!!! but ThankGod , Avinash was calm and made me understand that its jouney we both will undertake together...
Friends...its not only the would be brides who get all jittery but even grooms also have their share of insecurities and Avinash made me realise that these emotions are meant to be dealt with..
So finally we embarked on our journey on March '24th..and life has been different for us since then...
I have another family now..I'm a wife , daughter - in - law...and a sister-in-law..after coming to Lachung , I've realised this all the more..I'm an officer's wife so certain things are expected out of me..and the hardest part is behaving "Lady like" ;)
Your expenses - the financial aspect , is equally important and priorities change for sure...minutest of detail needs equal amount of attention from you and you do get judged!!! - now that's the hardest part...!!
I've not been married for long to write a thesis on it...but long enough to feel the changes in me and my life...right from planning a trip to my parents to buying gifts for everyone to throw parties to interacting with relatives has taken a new meaning for me..
There are days when it gets onto me but having Avinash around just brightens up my mood...he is my best friend and my husband too :)
I feel like being with him..taking care of him..doing all cute naughty things...just being myself..cribbing , throwing tantrums and getting pampered by him..even if he's busy , we have our meals together..just the thought that he's around makes me all happy yappy and I know that I made the right decision :)
No comments:
Post a Comment